Friday 25 December 2020

The Christmas Tree

Mr Beaver took the little ones deep into forrest to find the perfect Christmas tree to take centre stage in their living room this year. After several hours of hiking amongst the trees, there it was, the most perfect tree Mr Beaver had ever seen.

"This is it kids, it's absolutely perfect!"
"You don't think it's slightly on the large side Poppa?"

Mr Beaver began sawing the bottom of the trunk. He asked the children to stand way back and out of the way, but they desperately wanted to help. Michael suggested they help by pushing the tree a little to help it fall.
"TIMBEAAAAAAHHHHHHR!"
"Oops, sorry Poppa!"

After much struggling and several splinters later, Mr Beaver managed to get the wonderful tree on top of the car. They drove through the town, attracting quite a lot of attention from the other Sylvanians. Mr Beaver felt proud as punch.

"Everyone is admiring our beautiful Christmas tree, kids!"
"I'm not sure that's what they're doing, Poppa"

Just as they arrived home it started to snow. Mr Beaver asked for everyones help to get the tree inside, but no matter how hard they pushed, shoved and pulled, it just wouldn't fit through the front door.

"Maybe if I just took the door off it's hinges I could..."
"Oh no you don't MR B! The tree will have to stay outside!"

It looked like they would have to decorate the tree outside this year. Mrs Beaver had a grand idea...

"I'm sorry family, I really thought it would fit"
"Oh don't worry Mr B, I have a great idea. Let's have Christmas outside!"
"YAY! Why would we want to be stuck inside when it's so beautiful outside?"


So it was decided, Christmas was going to be outside this year. But Michael and Jerome were quite concerned. What if Father Christmas went down the chimney, couldn't see the tree so wouldn't leave them any presents?! Michael decided to make sure Santa would know.

"That should do it Jerome, I'm pretty sure Santa can see it from the sky!"

But there was no need to worry, Santa knew exactly where the tree was. The outside Christmas was proving to be a splendid idea. The Christmas dinner was extremely delicious, but half way through Mr Beaver suggested that maybe they ate the rest inside. everybody was starting to loose feeling in their hands.

"Well it's been rather lovely and a nice change of scenery, but how about we go warm our bottoms in front of a nice warm fire!"


"Merry Christmas Everyone!"



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story - filled with your usual blend of humour and warmth. I don't often comment here (I should!) but my daughter and I very much enjoy the antics of the Beaver family! Your photos are gorgeous. I hope you had a merry Christmas, and wish you all the best for the New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I’ve just seen this! How lovely ☺️ I’m so pleased you and your daughter enjoy my little stories, I have so much fun creating them, it’s so wonderful to hear that they’re enjoyed. I hope you’re both having a wonderful new year, the Beavers have lots in store this year! :)

    ReplyDelete