Wednesday 5 January 2022

Should have gone to Specsylvania

Every year, Mr and Mrs B loved to make the Christmas cake together.

"Mr B, have you been eating some of this dried fruit?"
 

"Nope"

Especially when it was time to use the brandy.

"One for me, one for you, and one for the cake"

But it was always a struggle the following morning.

"You two always have a headache after baking the Christmas cake, I think you might be allergic. And Poppa, I found your glasses, I think they broke!"
"Great..."

Mrs Beaver insisted they go into town to buy Mr Beaver new glasses. Even though it was going to be very busy with Christmas shoppers. The fresh air would do them good!

"look at all the lovely decorations going up, Mr B"
"I can't see a thing, Mrs B"
"Right, let's get you to the opticians!"


It wasn't long before they got to the shop.

"aaah, here we are!"

The optician was very surprised Mr B's glasses had lasted this long!

"Very poor quality I'm afraid, you should have come to Specsylvania!"

Mr B found the perfect pair! Very different to what he would usually go for.

"So sophisticated, Mr B!"
"I'll take them!"

As Mr B left the store, he felt like he was seeing everything in High Definition!

"Will you look at all these lights, how beautiful! For being so patient with me Mrs B, I'd like to take you shopping for a treat!"
"Mr B, you don't have to do that... I have had my eye on something though..."


So Mr and Mrs B wondered down the highstreet to pick out something special.

"It's in here, Mr B!"



"Look at those shoes!"
"you must try them on, Mrs B!"


"Oh yes, they're perfect! I saw a hat that would look fabulous with them!"

a few hours later...

"I think I'm done Mr B, just one more stop before home!"
"right..."



"Oh look, it's snowing!"
"My arms are getting very tired Mrs B, can we stop and look at the snow another time!"

But when they turned the corner, there was a surprise for Mr B.

"Here we are! I'm treating you to lunch, whatever you like, my treat, Mr B!"
"Oh Mrs B, I do love you!"

So Mr B ordered one of his favourite, special meals. Champagne Afternoon Tea.

"This is Devine, Mrs B. I'm just a little worried about carrying all those bags home!"
"Don't you worry, I've called for reinforcements!"

Waiting outside was the sweetest taxi service you ever did see.

"Come on folks, on you pop, we haven't got all day!"
"Merry Christmas, Everyone!"





1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures, affectionate characters and warm humour. A literary hug!

    ReplyDelete